Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lasagne



My son was having his little friend for a sleep over tonight and I actually had the foresight to ask him what he likes to eat.  He said that lasagne was his "favorite thing in the world".  He was in luck because we haven't had lasagne in awhile and...I happen to make a mean lasagne.  It's my Dad's recipe and never disappoints! 

Pretty simple ingredients: hamburger, pork sausage, tomatoes, tomato paste, a couple different cheeses and a few spices.


Brown the meats separately, and then add in the tomatoes, tomato paste and all the spices.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.


I have absolutely no patience for boiling lasagne noodles and then ever so carefully pulling them out of scalding water with tongs, just to have them rip apart as I am trying to lift them out.  No thanks.


 I buy these oven ready ones and they go straight from the box into the dish!  Just like the box says: 'cuts preparation time in half'!


Start with a layer of the noodles, then add some meat sauce, the ricotta parmesan mixture, and then a nice dose of the mozzarella.  Repeat three times.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes when it's finished so it will firm up.


 There was only two pieces of this left when dinner was finished.  My son's friend said it was the best meal he'd ever had, even better than Mcdonald's.  That's a 7 yr old for ya!

for the recipe



3 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Makes me crave lasagna before 8am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a great lasagna! I hope they enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. better than mcdonalds?? That is the holy grail of kids comments :)
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete