Monday, September 7, 2009

Rocky Road Brownies


Rocky Road Brownies!



My daughter Caroline has been asking (and asking and asking) me if she can help me bake something. Most of the baking I do is for the cakes we sell to clients, so she cannot help.


I turned my oven on at noon today. I just turned it off and it's 5pm. I baked a 3 tier wedding cake today and I am "done" if you know what I mean.


I had promised Caroline that we'd make something when I was finished. I really didn't want to break out the Martha "cookie" book and make something tedious, as I was "done", so I did a quick scan of the pantry. I came up with a quick, one bowl, kid friendly EASY recipe for Rocky Road Brownies!


2 cups milk chocolate chips

2 sticks butter

1 and 1/4 cups sugar

4 large eggs

1 cup flour

1/2 tsp salt

2 and 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

1 and 1/2 cups chopped walnuts


Place 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl (that will fit in the microwave). Microwave on medium heat for about 3 minutes, until melted. Stir in sugar, cool slightly. Whisk in eggs. Stir in flour and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 2 cups marshmallows and 1 cup walnuts. Pour into greased 9x13 dish. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup marshmallows, 1/2 cup nuts, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Press them in lightly. Return to oven for 2 minutes. Cool, refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1 & 1/2 inch squares. Makes 48 brownies.


Caroline's friend Megan came over just at the right time and got to help too!








30 minutes, and a wardrobe change later, this is what we had!



The girls put on the last little bit of the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and nuts, and back into the oven it went.





As my friend likes to say... that right there, is a little bit of love!






No comments:

Post a Comment