Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chicken Bacon Stuffed Pizza Rolls



As I mentioned, we are going to my parent's home for a New Year's party.  If I was arming myself with cookies for all the kids, then I thought I'd better bring a little something for the adults!  These are little bites of love that are stuffed with chicken, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and bacon.  They are wrapped up in Crescent pizza dough, brushed with butter and then drizzled with parmesan cheese and a little bit of powdered ranch dressing.

So easy and so delicious!  I bet they'll be gone in 10 minutes.

for the recipe



I found these little bites of love while I was browsing the internet late one night.  It comes from a site called Our Best Bites.

Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface and cut into 24 squares.  Toss aside any pieces that are too thin, trust me... save yourself the trouble.



We had some left over chicken in the fridge, so I decided to make use of it.  Put a little bit of chicken in the center along with some crumbled up bacon, one square of mozzarella and one square of sharp cheddar cheese.  The mozzarella pieces were smaller than the cheddar as I wanted mostly a cheddar flavor.



Take two opposite corners and pinch them together.



Then pinch the other two corners together.  Make sure it's closed entirely.  Pizza dough is very easy to work with.



I used my mini muffin pan to cook these in.  You really could use anything, a 3 quart oval dish or 9x13 rectangular dish.  Spray it well with nonstick spray.

Since I am going to serve these with some ranch dressing made from a packet,  I took some of the powdered ranch dressing and mixed it with some parmesan cheese.  I brushed a little melted butter on top of the rolls, then sprinkled the ranch-parmesan mixture over them. 



Bake these until they are brown on top at whatever temperature your pizza dough suggests.  These took 18 minutes.



I can't even tell you how good these are!  Easy and quick to make... fool proof appetizer sure to please everyone!


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for someone I know to have a party so I can try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, my boyfriend would absolutely love these!!

    btw, I tried a spin on your champagne cupcakes and posted about it on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I am making these. They sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete